Monday, March 7, 2016

To Enhance Your Land Raiding Needs

Hey - look! I found another vehicle to complement this one!

A recent school fair (pro tip: always go to the posh school fairs. Their toy areas have LEGO!) I picked up this poor beauty. Who is she - this poor creature who once saw better days in a blister box with a company of silver plastic future cop guys ? Yes, this is the K-2002 Flight Hunter from Matchbox's Adventure 2000 die cast set. I never had this one. My friend Derek did, but even in this state I wasn't going to let him be the only person I know who owned one.


Oof, but whoever her previous owner was, it was not a little old lady who only took her to church on Sundays (as much as I'd like to see that.) Here's what it should look like: All gull-wing doors, laser turret and snap-out red wings - y'know, for flight! 



Well, the doors open here, but they don't close flush. There's chrome effect off the shiny bits, but that's to be expected. And there are no- repeat NO wings. Not one. They've been pulled out of this thing. I don't even know where the button goes that makes them emerge. Hang on - no, it's the hole behind the cockpit. That makes sense.


Still, she's intact, and the windscreen glass is in great nick. Most of what's there is still there - it just looks lived in. Turning it over though - yikes, those axles! What was her payload?!


Oh, you poor baby. Why did I pick you up? Because I wanted to rescue you! And maybe... just maybe I think I can fix you. So onto the project pile you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment